JUVENILE DELINQUENCY AND CHINS PROCEEDINGS
Juvenile Delinquency and Child In Need of Services (CHINS) cases take place within the county juvenile court system. Juvenile delinquency cases deal with a child (under 18) that commits an act which would be a crime if committed by an adult. CHINS cases are brought by the State of Indiana against a parent accused of neglect or improper care of a child.
If you are a parent of a child charged with a delinquent act, or if you are involved in a CHINS proceeding, it is our experience that having an attorney represent you from the being of the case is important. Parents who have a delinquent child or have had their children removed by the Department of Child Services (DCS) are often overwhelmed by the proceedings and often benefit from legal guidance when working through the process.
The Law Office of George S. Brasovan, P.C., can provide the following legal services in Juvenile Delinquency and CHINS proceedings:
- Explaining a child’s rights and the charges against the child
- Negotiating Plea Agreements
- Meeting with the state prosecutor and/or probation officers
- Having children released from juvenile detention
- Representation at initial detention and removal hearings
- Change of placement of children
- Representation at dispositional hearings and permanency review hearings
- Interacting with Department of Child Services (DCS) and Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Litigating contested matters
- Arguing for services to be provided to a child or parent
George Brasovan has been representing Juvenile Delinquency & CHINS Proceedings clients since 1988. He has the knowledge and experience that 30 years in practice has to offer. Feel free to contact the Law Office of George S. Brasovan, P.C. for a consultation. We can be reached at (219) 769-9500.